Valuable vehicle maintenance tips from the non-profit Car Care Council to ensure that your car doesn't gobble up your hard-earned money this holiday season.
The Car Care Council recommends a vehicle check to help you avoid the unplanned expense of a breakdown when traveling by car this holiday season.
• Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
• Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering and brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
• Check the hoses and belts that can become cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or show signs of excessive wear. These are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system.
• Check lighting to identify any problems with exterior and interior lighting, as the chance of an accident increases if you can’t see or be seen.
• Check wipers. Wiper blades should be replaced every six months. Make sure the windshield wipers are working properly and keep the reservoir filled with solvent.
Regular automobile maintenance can save you money and keep your vehicle safe and reliable on the road. Sal's Auto offers a Complimentary 60 point vehicle maintenance and safety check with every service. Be Car Care aware!